Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Urban Scavaging

So, Sim and I got a little excited about mulberries yesterday evening. We have a tree right next to our house that we thought we had pretty much cleaned out the night before. Then we checked it again last night and it was FULL. So we grabbed a few containers and picked as many as we could.


Then Sim remembered a tree in the nearby liquor store parking lot by the recycling bin. So of course we walked there and picked to our hearts content. We received a few uncertain and quizzical looks and I even got someone that was dropping off their recycling to try one.

We had quite a few of them, so I made a pie. (not pictured :-)

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Tobias said...

Pie!
That's cool. About the only food scavenging I do is "finding" candy on people's desks at work. Or cake in the breakroom.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Big SisterMama said...

there are a couple trees on our alley, and it's a great evening ritual---the girls and i go fill up before baths. i fill a container, too, to have with yogurt in the morning. yum!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Grand Old Man said...

so i think that i will take my ladder and go to the katy trail where i know there are several good trees! mom

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger tirzah said...

the tree by the recycling has the biggest berries i have ever seen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home