This evening I went for a rather hot bike ride. Even though it was 7:00 it still was around 90 degrees but I was able to go about 22 miles in 78 minuets. The way I go takes me right past a swimming pool, which plays little significance in the story on my way out, but on the way back the sound of splashing and cool water was too much. I went to find out how much it would cost for me to cool off my sweaty body, but it was closing. I just went on home and hosed off. The reason for my more pressing riding is that I am working on toughening my butt so that when I ride for three days straight next week I don't die.
I've also been working on riding my unicycle but I'm not quite good enough at it yet to take it on the long haul. I did ride over to Aram and Debbi's the other day on it and I only fell off a half a dozen times each way.
By the way, if anyone is interested in sponsoring me on my ride that would be great. All the money raised goes to Rosedale Mennonite Missions. So far I've not had too much success in finding people to sponsor me. Let me know if you are interested. We are going to ride from Goshen IN to Rosedale OH next mon, tues and wednesday. It is about 220 miles all together.
On Sunday Jeremy, Tirzah, Janelle and I went to Alum Creek (a big very populated lake) for the afternoon. The only available grill was out in the middle of a very sunny field, so we had to improvise some shade. The ranger to a couple looks at us but left us alone. Despite our efforts we still ended up rather pink by the end of the day.
--Simeon
4 Comments:
hay ho, we'll dish up some dough
yes, us too. we just have to find it when the paycheck comes in. how many miles did you say it was?
oh sorry you told us that. i am dumb.
Sim,
Dad says, "Isn't it enough that you married our daughter? Now you want some money too? :) Yes we will donate to the cause.
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home