Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A marital truth.



So I learned an important lesson last Saturday. Simeon and I went to a REACH reunion last weekend at the SEND house to see good people, play ultimate frisbee, eat, and worship. Of course both of us are fairly excited about it because as many of you know, REACH had been a fairly important part of our lives in the past 3 years. So we arrive at the SEND house and we are just hanging around talking and waiting for everyone else to get there.
Through the course of the conversation I was asked if I could still jump up on the counter in the kitchen. You see, Simeon has this little trick(of which he has many) he used to do when we were living at the house. He would stand in front of the island in the middle of the kitchen, and then jump and pull his legs up so that he would all of the sudden be standing on the counter. I too, after being shown how to do it, was able to accomplish this feat during that year. Well, this is where my newly realized marital truth comes in.....I am not Simeon. That whole 2 becoming 1 thing really doesn't pertain to physical abilities and strength. So, in the midst of the hustle and bustle of everything happening, I attempt to jump on the counter, miss with one leg, and with the shin of that one leg, crash into the edge of the counter. Within two minutes I seemingly had grown a second knee about 3 inches below my first knee. Who knew I could be so lucky! I then was proceeded to be fussed over and iced down. Needless to say I couldn't play frisbee for very long before my leg got quite achy and I decided I was done with being tough girl. So I found Priska and we had a marvelous time on the sidelines. Here's a picture that doesn't quite do it justice but it will do.
Moral of the story: Just because you could accomplish a physical feat 2 years ago, or you married a DiGennaro, does not mean that it can still be accomplished at your every whim or fancy.

Here's a picture of us being happy while we were camping, just so you know that we do do things other than get stitches and bruises.
-Janelle

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Big SisterMama said...

wait a minute, janelle---you are NOT simeon?!?! you do not have the same powers? darn, i thought we were achieving a sort of "2 for 1" deal here.....

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Aram in Kenya said...

Wow, this is like where you two publish your assult and battery stories....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home