Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Tirzah!

A very happy birthday today to Tirzah Grace, who has made it all the way to the ripe old age of 19 years. Why, I remember it as if it were just yesterday...

Mary Ellen came and stayed with us in the middle of the night, and I sneaked downstairs and saw her come in. It was a Sunday morning, and when Simeon got up, he turned on the water in the bathroom to see if it worked, and was surprised. He had heard talk about how Mom's water had broken, and thought they meant the faucets. We had a new goat, Tonya, and she ran away while we were milking her. Aram was 8, I was 10, but we caught her again all by ourselves, and I am still proud of us.

We went to church; and we all sat in a row and tried to behave; and everyone knew why mom and dad weren't there, which was a little embarrassing (I'm not sure why). I still remember the little off-white velour skirt and blouse I wore, one of the prettiest outfits I ever had. After church we went to the hospital to see the new baby sister, and she had lots of black hair! It was exciting, but pretty disappointing when she did not come home with us right away....

So, happy birthday Tirzah, and many happy returns of the day! I would say at 19 you are definitely "old enough to know better"---better than what, I'm not sure---but there you go.

I love you.

7 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger tirzah said...

awww, thanks muchly. you know how old nineteen is?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Big SisterMama said...

a prime number, that's the most important thing!

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! I found you all. How marvelous. Happy Birthday, Tirzah. And hello to all the rest of you.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger SarahNJared said...

Wow, if it wasn't for the Web I wouldn't know Tiz's birtday was here. Guess I could wish it to her in person, but I am here now.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Aram in Kenya said...

Jess, it is so darling that you can remember all those details.

Happy Birthday Tiz! We missed you over the weekend.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...this something that i found,while lost on the computer..and since i dont know how to 'blog' i'll just 'comment'. How friggin' stupid do you have to be in order to be a parent.

I can't belive the stupidity of some people. In today's world and society would you as a parent, with all the child preditors out there, would you put a sticker in the window of your vehicle, with your child's name, school, team and uniform number on it.

DUH idiots. Then you go crying and whinning when something happens to your kid. I in know way condon any crime against children, but I mean if you are a parent and you are advertising all this in your vehicle that you drive all around many towns telling everyone your childs name and how to find them, what the hell do you expect.

Same with blog land. I love my blog family, I love to read about the families and daily lives. But why would you post your childs name, sports teams, your town and state, their PHOTOS for christs sake. ruth? Am I really a upstanding member of society that belives in laws, the police and the American Way. Well yes I actually am, but do you know that for sure?
It's easy enough to get my information and find out I'm not to much of a freak. But who else is reading your blog. Who else is looking at your vehicle with this advertisment on it.

Grow some brains parents....please be smarter with the welfare and innocense of your kids.
I'm tired of watching the news with a child being kidnapped, raped, murdered, and I sure am not looking forward to taking those calls when I start my new job.
Help me out. Don't make me have to take those calls because you aren't smart enough to protect your kiddo.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in that case anon was mom di

 

Post a Comment

<< Home